From tall, snowy mountains to plunging valleys, Sikkim has it all. Sikkim is a wonderland, blessed with immensely beautiful places to visit and explore. It’s a land of mixed people, culture and cuisine.
Sikkim can be broadly divided into four zones- east, west, north and south. While there are so many things to do in East Sikkim, you will be stunned by the mesmerizing views of the valleys and mountains in the West district of Sikkim. The north on the other hand is a place unlike any other in the country. Like other places in Sikkim, the north of this state will take your breath away with its spectacular views of the mountains, snowfall, the fragrance of a variety of flowers, and gushing waterfalls.
The pleasant climate, everyday convenience and cinematic vistas also make it an ideal place for Workation and wellness retreats. Check out our Sikkim tour packages that offer you a variety of tour packages including workation packages and wellness retreats.
Situated in West Sikkim, the trek to Goecha La pass is one among the numerous trekking trails Sikkim has to offer. Well known for its wonderful scenes, unmatched views of grand peaks including Mt. Khangchendzonga, and rich varied greenery, the Goecha La trek is probably on every trekker’s bucket list.
So why is this trek so special you ask? Well, here are five reasons to visit Goecha La this spring (March and April).
(1) Trek through rhododendron forests: The trail to Goecha La runs through rhododendron forests. Rest assured you will not come across animals during your walk due to the narrow nature and dense vegetation on the trail.
(2) Inch closer to Mt. Khangchendzonga: As you move closer to Goecha La pass, the entire Khangchendzonga range can be seen clearly and offers great views during sunrise and sunsets.
(3) Changing landscape: From meandering trails and rivers and streams to forests and beautiful meadows of Dzongri, the Goecha La trek makes its ways through various landscapes.
(4) The weather in March and April is simply splendid: The rhododendron forests, which burst to life with pink and red flowers during spring-summer, makes walking through the forest enormously pleasing.
(5) Adventure of a lifetime: The sensational feeling of fulfilment that you feel upon reaching Mt. Pandim is pure magic. The memories and experiences you collect throughout the journey are the ones you will cherish forever.
Feeling tempted? Check out 6 exhilarating trekking routes in Sikkim and pick your favourite.
When you are planning to visit Sikkim there are so many places to chose from! Some of the 10 best places to visit in Sikkim are the famous Changu Lake, Pelling, Namchi, Ravangla, Temi Tea Garden, Yuksom, Dentam, Sombaria, Lachen and Lachung.
Changu Lake is one place in Sikkim that will always show up on Google images whenever you search for places to visit in Sikkim. If you visit Changu Lake in winter, you will witness a thick layer of snow covering the landscape and a frozen lake. During other seasons, the lake is not frozen but the views are still mesmerizing. However if you want to catch an excellent view of Mt. Khangchendzonga then Pelling is the place you must visit in Sikkim. Pelling is home to India’s first glass Skywalk and is 200ft long and 55ft tall. Namchi is another great place to visit in Sikkim with many places of attractions in Namchi the tourism has drastically increased in this part of the state. Some of the places to visit in Namchi are Chardham, Samdruptse, Namchi ropeway, Shirdi Baba Mandir etc. Not very far from Namchi is Ravangla in South Sikkim. Buddha Park is the famous place you can visit in Ravangla and also see the view of Mt Khangchendzonga from Ravangla. Temi Tea garden is located in South Sikkim and it is a stunning area to drive through. You can also pluck tea leaves, visit tea factory and taste the tea. If you love trekking then Yuksom is a place you must visit. It is also the oldest village in Sikkim and base camp for Khangchendzonga trek or the Dzongri Goechela trek.
Some of other places to visit in Sikkim are Dentam, Sombaria, Lachen and Lachung. Whether you come to Sikkim for peaceful holidays or for adventures these are the places you cannot avoid visiting.
Read full article at: https://www.tourgenie.com/travel-diaries/travel-blogs/10-places-you-absolutely-must-visit-in-sikkim